Premed 101 Forums

McMaster PT - How do they view graduate students

I was wondering how hard is it to get into mcmaster PT? I got a strong avg but I didn't know there wasn't many prereqs required that even I could be accepted, so I missed out on this application cycle.

I was wondering do you think I can apply while I am in the middle of my masters program, or is that taboo thing to do? How will they view graduate school grades compared to my undergrad? I think grad school is mostly research with a bit of courses?

___

Is my assessment of OT and PT correct?

I heard that with OT there aren't too many jobs in the GTA.

The difference between OT and PT is OT helps rehabilitate after an injury or make adjustments to your life while PT is the initial muscular treatment for the body....

I heard PT make a bit more than OT. PT median salary around 70k?

From my initial thoughts PT seems to be a safer bet than chiro because more insurances accept that treatment. Anyone in the Canada Forces for PT, if so mind letting me know and I can pm you

____

Do you think physio therapy is hard? Are the grades at Mac pass/fail?

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering how hard is it to get into mcmaster PT? I got a strong avg but I didn't know there wasn't many prereqs required that even I could be accepted, so I missed out on this application cycle.

I was wondering do you think I can apply while I am in the middle of my masters program, or is that taboo thing to do? How will they view graduate school grades compared to my undergrad? I think grad school is mostly research with a bit of courses?

___

Is my assessment of OT and PT correct?

I heard that with OT there aren't too many jobs in the GTA.

The difference between OT and PT is OT helps rehabilitate after an injury or make adjustments to your life while PT is the initial muscular treatment for the body....

I heard PT make a bit more than OT. PT median salary around 70k?

From my initial thoughts PT seems to be a safer bet than chiro because more insurances accept that treatment. Anyone in the Canada Forces for PT, if so mind letting me know and I can pm you

____

Do you think physio therapy is hard? Are the grades at Mac pass/fail?

all the answers you seek are available on mac's website. And you should definitely look into the roles of an OT vs PT, its far more variable than what you suggest. Yes physio is hard, that's why it takes 3.76 or better to get in, its very competitive and the workload is nuts at times.

Archived