Premed 101 Forums

Applying in Pharmacy (Quebec Student)

Brebeuf2011

Hi,

I'm going to finish my bachelor degree in university of montreal with a GPA of 3,05/4,0.

I know it's low to apply for pharmacy but I head that some universities, espacially in Ontario, count your last two years more than the first year. Is it true? and if yes, which universities have the lowest GPA requirement?

On the first year of my bachelor degree, I had: 2,3/4,0

Second year: 3,14/4,0

Third year: 3,73/4,0

Average GPA at the end: 3,05/4,0

I will appreciate any advice you have.

Thank you.

Yes, you are right about some universities counting the last two years. University of Alberta, for example, counts three GPA's for students that are applying after more than 1 year of university. Pre-requisite GPA is calculated, overall GPA is calculated and last 2 year GPA is calculated in order to rank you accordingly. I am not particularly aware about how other universities do it, however as far as I've seen, quite a few calculate last 2 year GPA.

I suggest you really push hard through these last weeks for finals and try to attain the highest possible GPA this last year. This can give you a really good shot at getting into some pharmacy schools that count the last 2 years.

Yes, you are right about some universities counting the last two years. University of Alberta, for example, counts three GPA's for students that are applying after more than 1 year of university. Pre-requisite GPA is calculated, overall GPA is calculated and last 2 year GPA is calculated in order to rank you accordingly. I am not particularly aware about how other universities do it, however as far as I've seen, quite a few calculate last 2 year GPA.

I suggest you really push hard through these last weeks for finals and try to attain the highest possible GPA this last year. This can give you a really good shot at getting into some pharmacy schools that count the last 2 years.

Thank you for answering.

I'm going to see how University of Alberta works. If you have other suggestion, I'm open.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived