Premed 101 Forums

Early Notifications

Has anyone heard anything about Calgary sending out invites earlier than the May 13th deadline this year?

At the interview, Dr.Walker mentioned last year's invites went out May 1st..although he did say they wouldn't be released that early, if at all, for this year's application cycle. Just curious is all.

Thanks! :)

Has anyone heard anything about Calgary sending out invites earlier than the May 13th deadline this year?

At the interview, Dr.Walker mentioned last year's invites went out May 1st..although he did say they wouldn't be released that early, if at all, for this year's application cycle. Just curious is all.

Thanks! :)

On twitter, he said they very likely will be releasing May 14th. And last year was the 8th, I think.

Just curious, did Dr. walker mention anything about when the release date was last year? even before the invites were let out on may 8.

Last year Dr. Walker posted on the blog that there was no way they would release early, that May 15th was definite. He said they would try to pull it off a few days before that if possible, but no promises. And then Bam! A full week early haha.

I am definitely not trying to get anyone's hopes up for an early release, as what happened last year may not happen this year! But that's how it went down. :)

Last year Dr. Walker posted on the blog that there was no way they would release early, that May 15th was definite. He said they would try to pull it off a few days before that if possible, but no promises. And then Bam! A full week early haha.

I am definitely not trying to get anyone's hopes up for an early release, as what happened last year may not happen this year! But that's how it went down. :)

Oh really. That's interesting. I guess we will see.

This one might more likely be a harder deadline just because he posted that ADCOM's final meeting is on the 12th or 13th? So it seems improbable that they would release before this final meeting.

Well, I suppose they could change the date of the meeting. Unlikely, but who knows!

I'm sure they could still change it. I think they are like us and have nothing to do in the meantime. SO, wouldnt it be best for everyone if they just sat down and GOT 'ER DONE!? :cool:

Yah they said they couldn't coordinate the committee's schedules until the 12th. But that could change, you never know.

"Accomodate their scheduless eh?" How about our schedules if we learn we have to move in two months time! LOL I would hope the selection of the incoming class of medical students would be near the top of their priority list

"Accomodate their scheduless eh?" How about our schedules if we learn we have to move in two months time! LOL I would hope the selection of the incoming class of medical students would be near the top of their priority list

Yah, you would hope they would consider that, but who knows.

Haha, two months if you not waitlisted.

If I have learned anything from my numerous years applying to UC Med is that they will NEVER do what you expect re: interview invites, final invites

Best thing to do is just stop trying to predict it and be ready for anything over the next few weeks.

I know I speak for all of us who deferred and are starting this year, we can't WAIT to see who our classmates are.

2017ers will be epic. Best of luck everyone!

If I have learned anything from my numerous years applying to UC Med is that they will NEVER do what you expect re: interview invites, final invites

Best thing to do is just stop trying to predict it and be ready for anything over the next few weeks.

I know I speak for all of us who deferred and are starting this year, we can't WAIT to see who our classmates are.

2017ers will be epic. Best of luck everyone!

Yah I must admit that I hold out some hope every time I get an email that they released early. :P

Thats not the worst. it will come after the ontario releases so 1) there will be waitlist movement immediately and 2) it provides some of us with one last ray of hope if nothing else works out

I suppose. I'm just having trouble with the wait.

Archived