Premed 101 Forums

PARO goodlife discount any good?

Hi

Anyone know from experience if this "deal" is any good? Seems like the same thing anyone could get. Going to be new to the province and looking to get set up at a gym. Multiple locations would be sweet since I'll be at different hospitals occasionally (provincially/nationally for electives) but otherwise I don't need anything frilly. I figure I should grab a deal since it seems I'm getting abused on everything else here ( taxes, mother-effing car insurance holy crap! Etc etc).

Thanks

I would definitely recommend taking up the CMA Goodlife deal. It is way more less than what you would pay for a regular membership. I was a regular member before, and was paying more than double of the CMA rate. I think the CMA comes out to about $16/bi-weekly, whereas the regular rate is $27/bi-weekly (and this was a few years ago... I'm sure rates have gone up now).

Goodlife is a decent gym. The quality of each individual gym is variable. It gets busy. But the big benefit is being able to use your membership at any location across the country.

I don't think there's any rush to sign up until you check out all the available options in your area and settle on a facility you're sure you'll enjoy (even with travelling/electives, you'll be working out there most of the time). Some hospitals have in-house fitness facilities which are convenient; other gyms in the area may also have multiple locations or deals for hospital employees (I just purchase day passes as I go, which is definitely more flexible and cheaper than signing up for a membership).

Thanks to all the above posters. I had no idea it was a cma benefit as the email from Paro advertised it.

Yeah I took a look - the rate depends on when you sign up as the cma deal ends in oct. Right now it averages to about $40 a month for the last five months but can be 30-60 per month depending on sign up time.

I'll walk and in and see what I can get once I am certain on goodlife.

Thanks

Archived