Premed 101 Forums

Hi Guys

I am lost in terms of which one of these careers to pick: Dentistry or PT. I have done my Masters in Rehab Science (thesis Based). Have a decent GPA 3.7ish, Have written the DAT although didnt have time to study and got low 20s and got an interview offer from western but got rejected. Now I am 25 and have applied to Dentistry 2 times without focusing on DAT, so I'm wondering if this year I should put the time and money to redo DAT, but after all if its even a good idea.I can get into PT pretty easily meanwhile. I know PTs do make good money but not as great as dentists and I know dentists do burn out eventually. If you guys have any feedback or any opinion please let me know.

Hi Guys

I am lost in terms of which one of these careers to pick: Dentistry or PT. I have done my Masters in Rehab Science (thesis Based). Have a decent GPA 3.7ish, Have written the DAT although didnt have time to study and got low 20s and got an interview offer from western but got rejected. Now I am 25 and have applied to Dentistry 2 times without focusing on DAT, so I'm wondering if this year I should put the time and money to redo DAT, but after all if its even a good idea.I can get into PT pretty easily meanwhile. I know PTs do make good money but not as great as dentists and I know dentists do burn out eventually. If you guys have any feedback or any opinion please let me know.

Uhhh why do you think you can get in easily? With that gpa you may have a shot at one or two schools... Not to mention do you have any experience in t he field?

These are two very different fields....and you didn't mention anything about your passion for either field, so I feel like perhaps you need to re-evaluate both choices. Get lots of experience volunteering and shadowing in each field, and see if you can figure out if you enjoy either of them first. It really shouldn't be about the money. Besides, if you're not passionate about the field, your chances of getting into any school in the first place will not be great, since your interviews, statements of intent and CV will reflect it.

Archived