Premed 101 Forums

Where to stay last week of August

Some places will let you rent for a half of a month - that way saving you having to move right after welcome week - which can be a huge pain - I know that some members of our class stayed in hotels for that week as well. Or, you may be able to crash with some of your newfound classmates.

Good luck!

I would say a majority of people move in to hamilton early August and get settled into their place before school starts.

Ugh haha. A whole extra month of rent? I was finally 60/40 on wanting a roommate, but this kinda pushes me back to 50/50. Aside from cost, I also have no good reason to be in Hamilton for all of August. :/

Great question though, SW. I was wondering this myself.

:( I'm looking for a room mate / place to stay myself. Has anyone yet to start looking for places? If you're in search of a roomie, I'm interested. Aside from being a med student whom you can study with and help one another, I have a background in Programming/Computers/Repairs/Construction which are bound to come in handy for the both of us... I will also have a car! I heard some horror stories from colleagues who are in or finished med school about room mates and would really want to avoid all that. Hopefully I can stay with someone with whom I can maintain a strong friendship throughout years.

PM me if you got any ideas!

Archived