Premed 101 Forums

Interviewfeedback BACK ON-LINE!

Guest MayFlower1

Guest MayFlower1

Hey everyone,

Just to let you know...I buzzed into the Interviewfeedback site for fun today...and guess what...it's back on line! You can now document your interview experiences as well as read those of other candidates...a huge list of U.S. and Canadian Schools.

For those of you who have already had your interviews, I would strongly recommend supporting your fellow applicants and future applicants by documenting your experiences.

For those of you who haven't had their interviews, I would strongly recommend going to the site and reading about other people's experiences.

Interviewfeedback is currently being delivered through the Student Doctor Network. It's worth noting that while there still aren't many new experiences documented (as it's just come up on-line again) if you scan down the page a bit you will find a link to a "read only" section which documents all the old experiences documented on the original interviewfeedback.com website.

Good luck everyone.

Peter

P.S. In case you aren't aware...feedback on this site is completely anonymous.

Guest wassabi101

Mayflower, I keep reading from your postings and others about these "mock interviews." I've set up some mock interviews with my supervisor, a career advisor at my university and maybe a friend or two. I read on the interview feedback site that it's recommended to have mock interviews with med students...I was just wondering how one goes about doing this? do certain universities set it up? or do you just have friends who are med students who you can set them up with?

Thanks for any feedback-

wassabi101

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there wassabi101,

A friend of mine is interviewing at Mac and she snagged a couple of meds students from UofT to grill her. I believe however, that connections pay, as these folks were her pals.

I don't believe there are too many formal mechanisms in place where you can arrange to have med students interview you. Do you have any professors or colleagues who may be MDs? They would be another good source for mock interviews.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest tirisa

Hi Wassabi,

Do check with your university re: mock interviews, since some schools do offer them. Here at Queen's, I believe the career centre offered about 4 or 5 different mock interview sessions specifically for med school. Granted, I assume they would be targeted towards Queen's med, but it would be a great start, even if you had an interview elsewhere.

As Kirsteen mentioned, though, gathering your med student friends or physician friends is another great way of holding mock interviews. Ian's got a great list of potential interview questions on this website that you can print out and give to the interviewers, along with your sketch.

Best of luck.

Tirisa

Guest tappety tap

Hey Peter...about the interviewfeedback site...what a great service to all applicants, I will definitely post my experiences on there (once I have them!)

and....Anonymus yes...although one of them sounded remarkably familiar to someone I know.....odd........

Guest wassabi101

Thanks for the help Tirisa and Kirsteen! I have my first mock interview set up at McGill thursday morning! :eek

Good luck to you both! :D

-wassabi101

Archived