Premed 101 Forums

Mock 10: What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?

Guest MayFlower1

Guest shutterbug

...I was asked this at UT last year (reapplying BTW).

I wasn't sure if you were suppose to included anything medically related, i.e. do you assume that you'll make it into med school and that you'll be practising somewhere?

Or, or do you keep it general and say something like I'll be married with kids, a house, living in TO, etc. This approach shows that you plan to have a life outside of medicine, but, it may also be a sign that you are not sure about medicine since you haven't included it in your plans.:rolleyes

Of course you should mention medicine. If you don't see yourself practicing medicine in 10 years than I think the interviewer might question your desire to become a physician. Include other bits of information (if you want to have a child in the next 10 years, than say it!!), but I think it's imperative to include medicine in your forcast...

Steve

I don't know what the right answer is. When I was asked I said that I saw myself having finished medical school and residency and hopefully practicing in a hospital affiliated with a medical school so that I could both teach and practice at the same time (I think I would really like to teach whatever I end up doing). I really don't think it matters what you answer, but how you answer things. Is not a multiple choice exam with only one option.

Archived