Premed 101 Forums

Timing

Guest Valani9

Guest Valani9

Hi -

Quick question. Do any of the schools (Ontario) start interviewing before March? I am planning on being away until March 3rd this year......

Thanks

Guest hmsdread

Hey there,

You should be ok. Some schools will definitely have their interviews in March, but I think they usually start in the middle of the month.

hmsdread

From what I have heard from Darla, no Ontario schools are planning to interview before the beginning of March (except maybe UofT?). Both March and April are fully booked though! The schools do try to co-ordinate with each other when they are interviewing to minimise the number of conflicts. Don't worry. Interview scheduling can usually be altered if it legitimately conflicts with something (another interview, an exam, an exchange, etc). The only school that I have found that is completely inflexible is Mac (and only because of the number of people they are dealing with!). Good luck.

I know that the second of the two interview weekends at UWO is April 12-13, 2003 (if that is the Sat and Sun, I don't have a calendar with me right now!). The other interview weekend is in late March. If things go the same way they did last year, you should get your invite about a month before the actual interview date.

The only other school that I applied to was UofT. They seem to do one or two interview weekends per month starting in Feb and lasting until May. You can hear from them pretty much anytime....last year they sent it by e-mail.....I didn't hear anything from them until LATE April.....while one of my friends had her invite in her hand by mid-January....I found this system a very frustrating experience!

Guest bluesky125

The interview dates at U of T for last year were:

March1-3, March 22-25 and April 20-21, and May 10-13.

Basic breakdown of the interview last year:

The interview was scheduled for 9:00, 10:00, and 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 and 2:00 p.m., with lunch provided at noon.

The interview was conducted by a Faculty member and a medical student and took on average 45 minutes.

Archived