Premed 101 Forums

Awards/accomplishments Section Of Application

Hi guys,

What do you think about repeating awards for the awards section? For example, I received an NSERC USRA last summer, as well as this summer. I have also won yearly undergraduate academic awards (like 1 after first year, 1 after second year, etc.). The online application won't let you list multiple years for each award. 

Do you think I should list the award 3x or just put the years I won it under the "qualifications" section?

Thanks!

I was wondering this too.  Also, would "Dean's Honor List" go under awards?  I imagine everyone applying would have this on their applications. 

I think you should. It's not something that everyone would have, and if you've gotten it consecutively than that would show consistent academic achievement and all the skills associated with it.

Anyways, it never hurts to have it on there either lol

On the contrary to me it would look like one is just trying to pad their application by putting a fairly typical accomplishment several times... but I'll go with the status quo. I was wondering, do we still need references for this if we can check "See Transcript"? Probably but I'm still not sure why it would be necessary if they already see my transcript

Archived