Premed 101 Forums

Step2

Hi 

I have two questions regarding step2b

1- one of the questions asked us about the connection to maritime, I am wondering how this will effect OOP applicants who don't have any connection( like it says it is mandatory and how can it be mandatory for someone without connection to that province ?

2-in EC's section, it asks about the "type of activity and level of activity" but in other sections it asked about our responsibilities. I wanted to know can we write about our responsibilities and lessons that we learned in that section too or it is just gonna be like "sport activity,intramural"?

thanks a lot

Hi 

I have two questions regarding step2b

1- one of the questions asked us about the connection to maritime, I am wondering how this will effect OOP applicants who don't have any connection( like it says it is mandatory and how can it be mandatory for someone without connection to that province ?

2-in EC's section, it asks about the "type of activity and level of activity" but in other sections it asked about our responsibilities. I wanted to know can we write about our responsibilities and lessons that we learned in that section too or it is just gonna be like "sport activity,intramural"?

thanks a lot

1. Pretty sure that this will affect us OOP applicants negatively. Those OOP applicants with connections (e.g. family or experiences) in Maritime provinces will be scored higher in this section.

2. I would write about responsibilities because I would say that is part of the description of the activity but I wouldn't write about lessons learned because the prompt asks us to keep it brief. 

Other than that I have one more question to those of you applying: where does research where you have not (yet) gotten a publication, poster or conference out of go in the Supplemental Information Form?

1. Pretty sure that this will affect us OOP applicants negatively. Those OOP applicants with connections (e.g. family or experiences) in Maritime provinces will be scored higher in this section.

2. I would write about responsibilities because I would say that is part of the description of the activity but I wouldn't write about lessons learned because the prompt asks us to keep it brief. 

Other than that I have one more question to those of you applying: where does research where you have not (yet) gotten a publication, poster or conference out of go in the Supplemental Information Form?

Thanks a lot 

I have put not submitted paper in awards and accomplishments section mentioning the time it will be submitted.

I have a question too, so if we don't have any connection to maritime what should we write in that section considering it needs to be fill in? 

Thanks a lot 

I have put not submitted paper in awards and accomplishments section mentioning the time it will be submitted.

I have a question too, so if we don't have any connection to maritime what should we write in that section considering it needs to be fill in? 

Great! I am also putting not submitted papers in awards and accomplishments.

I have done a lot of research on what to write in the Maritime connections section. I know of at least two people who got interviewed at Dal just outlining their goals and how it fits with the Dal curriculum. 

Archived