Premed 101 Forums

Early Admissions Program - Flexmed At Mount Sinai Applicant Thread

So I just got off the phone with admissions, and Mount Sinai's FlexMed program does indeed accept Canadians who are studying in Canada.

For those of you who don't know, FlexMed is a program for sophmores at Mount Sinai in New York City, where if accepted, get early admission to medical school, but still have to get their bachelor's degrees. You can be any major, but can only apply in 2nd year.

So since I'm in second year, I'm gonna send in an application this year. Just wondering if anyone else on here is applying this year, or if anyone that now knows about it will apply as a result. It would be great to go through the process with other Canadian applicants!

Good luck to everyone who applies!

i just read your most recent blog...maybe you can update it a little bit...

sorry do you mean update this thread? or update the blog?

Canucks, make sure you call Sinai and ask specifically if all they're looking for is a "Year 2" classification. They might not care that you've taking classing for a couple years. Don't count yourself out yet. 

Thanks for the support. I will be sending in an application since I already contacted my references so I figured I have nothing to lose except for the time it takes to submit the application. If they disqualify my application because I'm ineligible, then that is okay by me. I just want to be able to apply and see what happens.

Archived