Premed 101 Forums

How Does Nosm Verify Residency Details

If you lie, get accepted, then get caught you will be expelled from medical school even if you are a day away from graduation. If you are considering putting in fraudulent information on your medical school application you probably shouldn't become a physician.

What would stop you from later on as a physician falsifying patient chart information or billing for services you didn't provide? Liars, sociopaths and the gang do get into medicine however hopefully very few do. If you are one of them I hope you don't get in. Hopefully, you were just entertaining a thought experiment about how they guard against this, rather then considering it yourself. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say the latter  :)

At the end of the day all you have is your reputation, ruin that and you have screwed your aspirations.

Beef

Who cares. Be honest. Shouldn't be a problem. The fact you are asking about it is a clear indication that you are thinking about lying.

I was more interested in how much access med schools like NOSM have to personal information such our high school and elementary school records. I assume they need our approval before they can access this information?

If you lie, get accepted, then get caught you will be expelled from medical school even if you are a day away from graduation. If you are considering putting in fraudulent information on your medical school application you probably shouldn't become a physician.

What would stop you from later on as a physician falsifying patient chart information or billing for services you didn't provide? Liars, sociopaths and the gang do get into medicine however hopefully very few do. If you are one of them I hope you don't get in. Hopefully, you were just entertaining a thought experiment about how they guard against this, rather then considering it yourself. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say the latter  :)

At the end of the day all you have is your reputation, ruin that and you have screwed your aspirations.

Beef

Sociopaths are very charming, I'm sure they do quite well in the interview stage. 

Archived