Premed 101 Forums

Changed course next semester - contact omsas?

Guest madison2001

Guest madison2001

I changed courses for next semester so my end of the year transcripts will not be consistent with what I entered into OMSAS.

Should I contact them and the schools or is it not a big deal?

Thanks

madison

Hey,

Jixe - I too just realized we had to enter the courses for the upcoming year. I just assumed that we only had to enter courses that we received grades for already.

Anyone have a suggestion as to what to do? Would it be best to contact each individual school...or OMSAS?

Thanks!

Guest silverjelly86

If you filled out the application correctly, you would have to enter the years for which you are/have been registered in university. For example, if you've been in university and you are currently in your third year, OMSAS instructions would have meant that you would enter the years 2003-2006. The way you would enter courses would be for the years 2003/04, 2004/05, and 2005/06 (which would the current year). It then would have been impossible to complete the application without submitting your currently-registered-in courses. I'm not sure how you guys missed that, but I would e-mail OMSAS first, rather than the individual schools. G'luck!

Hi,

Hm, I entered 2003-2005 thinking they wanted the years we have completed coursework for.

I called OMSAS though, and they just told me to e-mail my current courses to them and they would update it.

Thanks for your help

dr555

I had entered the courses I am currently taking this term (Fall 2005)

Was I to enter the courses I would be taking next term (Winter 2006)? I mean, we aren't even assured whether we would get into the courses we wanted to get into.

Guest Steve MD09

I don't know if they've changed the rules since I applied last year (probably not), but I think there was a note somewhere in the instructions indicating you should enter the courses you are enrolled in for the current year (i.e. entire year). Schools would want to know about those courses for a variety of reasons (prerequisites, taking courses of the appropriate level, etc.). For example, if you're in 3rd year and enter 2 years worth of courses and leave your current year blank, the medical schools wouldn't know that you will be finishing your 3rd year, and they may think you're not eligible for enrolment (for the schools that require minimum 3 years).

To Jixe, maybe you should send them a list of the courses you plan to take, and perhaps send an update if that changes.

Archived