Premed 101 Forums

Do Schools

vincent56

Hi,

Do DO schools calculate a "prerequisite courses gpa" AND a gpa and you have to have a certain average in both ? (if so, what is the average to be eligible). Or they just calculate you overall gpa and check if you have at least C in each prerequisite course?

I mean, do you need to have good marks in your prerequisite courses or as long as you have a C they don't care, and just look at your total gpa ?

Thank you!

Vince

Hi,

Do DO schools calculate a "prerequisite courses gpa" AND a gpa and you have to have a certain average in both ? (if so, what is the average to be eligible). Or they just calculate you overall gpa and check if you have at least C in each prerequisite course?

I mean, do you need to have good marks in your prerequisite courses or as long as you have a C they don't care, and just look at your total gpa ?

Thank you!

Vince

They calculate an overall GPA (all courses) and a science GPA(biology, chemistry, physics and other sciences(geology, kinesiology etc, and lot of other ones like engineering).

My gpa's are:

- 3.4 total gpa

- 3.26 science gpa

So what do you think ?

Youve posted it a few times already, and I *personally* think you need a 30+ MCAT to have a fair shot. But i dont know anything about your ecs, or writing style.

The new MCAT will be different as well, so no one really knows..but you should have the equivialnt percentile score range to be better off.

Archived