Premed 101 Forums

Help!!

Guest Lauren

Guest Lauren

Hello all

I enrolled to take an elective sociology course at York last summer and half way through due to personal circumstances I withdrew from the course. However because I missed the dropped date for the course on the York transcript I have been given an "F" by default. I am not a york student but how do I resolve this problem as I would like to apply to medical school this year.

Also would I need to submit a transcipt from York despite the fact that I am not a York student.

I hope there is someone out there who can help me on this...

Thanks

Lauren

Guest aneliz

I don't know if there is anyway to 'fix' it at this point... but UWO will not look at it at all, if that makes you feel better. They do not consider any summer courses or courses taken in less than a full time semester when calculating your GPA.

For most schools there is some space on your application to add anything else you want or to explain why your transcript doesn't reflect your true abilities. This would be an appropriate place to explain the one grade as you did above. And as Aneliz said, some schools won't look at it anyways.

Guest medeng

I think the previous posters answered your first question, but as for the second, yes you do need to submit a transcript from York, you must submit a transcript from every post-secondary institution you have attended, even if its only for 1 course...

Archived