Premed 101 Forums

reference forms

Guest gunner

Guest gunner

Greetings:

Are reference forms non-transferrable from one year to the next?

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm applying for enrollment in September of 2006, (which means that the app form won't be available until June of this year), and I'm wondering if there's anyway for some of my referees to fill out the form right now (April), since I'm still geographically close to them, instead of having to do it remote distance after I've gone back to school.

Regards,

gunner

Guest aneliz

You need to have applied in order for the form to be available for you to print (ie have your name and OMSAS # on it). It must have these things on it or the chances of it getting lost are REALLY high.

The application should go online in early-July... then you can print the forms and get them to your referees. You may have to mail/fax them to them if you are not going to be close by, but that shouldn't be too big a problem. Forms must be submitted directly by the referee to OMSAS to 'count' so your referee will be mailing it once complete anyway... it won't matter that you are not in close proximity.

Guest Steve U of T

The reference forms are given to you in PDF format, so you can easily email the file to your referees if you're far away, in addition to the options of mailing or faxing a copy.

Archived