Premed 101 Forums

AMCAS and OAC credits

Guest xylem33

Guest xylem33

I'm really confused as to how I will list my OAC credit with AMCAS. Anyone else used their OAC english credit to fullfill the english requirements and had to fill it out with amcas, please help me.

It says to list the highschool under the colleges section, so I did, but under that section, it asks to list whether the school was junior college, undergrad, grad - but it was a highschool! and there's no option for that?

Guest Madz25

I never listed any high school stuff in my AMCAS application. Are you sure the schools will accept an OAC english credit to fulfill the english requirement?

Madz

Guest VwDubber

i've never heard of us medical schools allowing applicants to use their oac english to meet the writing requirement. oac is not the same as their ap credits. have you double checked with the school first to save yourself the amcas stress?

i know it's possible to use oac english for dentistry in the us ... but this is unheard of to me for med school.

Guest daryn

I'm semi sure that Wayne doesn't use OAC English.

Please let me know though when you know. It will make my life a lot easier next year.

Guest xylem33

Oh believe me, I made sure of it. I emailed several schools to make sure - some schools waive english requirements for other writing intensive courses like history, philosophy etc. Some schools will outright accept OAC english. A lot of schools are waiving that 0.5 credit of physical chem lab that I'm missing too - for those of us who went to St. George UT and took CHM220.

Georgetown, Einstein, St. Louis, Northwestern, and Wayne State for sure accepts OAC english. Unless the admissions people are lying to me just so I can apply and waste my money!

Guest xylem33

albany, cornell, dartmouth, georgetown, GeorgeWashington (but need english), Maryland (but needs eng), Northwestern, St Louis, Chicago (pritzker), vanderbilt, virginia, wake forest, wayne state, and Washington U are all the ones that okayed me with CHM220 situation.

Guest VwDubber
Georgetown, Einstein, St. Louis, Northwestern, and Wayne State for sure accepts OAC english. Unless the admissions people are lying to me just so I can apply and waste my money!
cool cool .. i didn't apply to any of those schools but you learn something new everyday :)

Archived