Premed 101 Forums

Question Regarding Personal Statement

Hello I'm considering US dental schools and getting my application ready.

For my undergrad, my GPA isn't that great compared to other applilcants and average DAT score

When you write a personal statement, should you be include about your GPA and why its not good, and also about the DAT score as well?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I second what is written above.

I think there is an area in AADSAS for "special circumstances" - I think this is to explain poor grades or a year where you did poorly because of a real issue. Being lazy is not a real issue. Even still, focus on how you changed, and make sure you convince them that you've learned from that experience.

• 1 month later...

Don't mention your GPA in the PS. If is a major issue I'm sure it will come up during the interview. If you still need someone to look over and edit your PS you should try Brian at gurufi.com I used his serive to edit one of my essay and it turned out better than I Imagined. The PS is a really important part of your application, having a professional to look at it gives you a peace of mind, plus his rates are very resonable. Anyways I have a few friends that are currently attending Dental school in the US, Please PM if you need advice on anyother part of the application.

Archived