Premed 101 Forums

question for moo ..

Guest leafs123

Guest leafs123

hey moo

i recently submitted my amcas application and i was totally lost when selecting whcih schools to apply to .. i dont have an english credit (but i was told by a few schools that i can take an english credit prior to matriculation) but these are the schools i applied to ..

columbia, jefferson, pzitker, boston, wayne state

and these are my stats ...

amcas gpa 3.81 (overall) and mcat 35Q (9, 13, 13) (first time i got 27Q (7, 10, 10) and i have solid extracurricular's (lots of medical-related & research experiences) .. do u think those schools are a long shot? i know they are ranked very highly esp columbia, pzitker, and boston but i was havin a tough time selecting schools that were open to canadian's and at the same time had a large enough class size .. please let me know if there are other schools that i should consider ..

thanks for your help

leafs123

Guest leafs123

oh and also i wanted to apply to northwestern but their website totally threw me off ... their website says the amcas deadline is oct 14/05 but the amcas online application says it is oct 15/05 so i decided not to apply .. can u confirm if the deadline is really oct 15 cause maybe then i can call amcas about the issue and perhaps they will let me add northwestern ..

thanks for your help

leafs123

I don't think these schools are a long shot at all. I do know that Pritzker highly values research. BU is one of the most expensive schools in the country so make sure you can afford it. Columbia is an excellent school with a lot of Canadians but I did not like it because it is in a horrible area of NYC. WSU is a solid state school that is so close to Canada that you can literally live in Canada and go to school there. I really am not sure about Northwestern and their deadline but today is October 16 so isn't the deadline already passed?

Good luck.

Archived