Premed 101 Forums

Should I Rewrite The Dat?

I'm new to this whole thing and I wrote the DAT in November just to see how it would be. I've been reading/hearing conflicting opinions on this and I figured the predent community here would be up to speed with this... 

My scores were: AA19, PAT20, and RC20

Should I rewrite or is this considered competitive? 

Thanks in advance for the insight!

I'm new to this whole thing and I wrote the DAT in November just to see how it would be. I've been reading/hearing conflicting opinions on this and I figured the predent community here would be up to speed with this... 

The average scores for our class were 21 AA and 22 RC. However, there were obviously people who got in with less. For U of T, the average scores of successful applicants were 22 AA and 21 PAT. In my opinion, it wouldn't hurt to re-write it and aim for 21+ in every section. Even though the DAT is worth comparatively less than your marks and the interview, it can still make the difference between getting accepted vs. waitlisted (or rejected). If you have a super high GPA, you may not need to re-write. But if I were you, I would. Western will keep your most recent set of scores, whereas U of T will take your best score. It's worth a shot!

The average scores for our class were 21 AA and 22 RC. However, there were obviously people who got in with less. For U of T, the average scores of successful applicants were 22 AA and 21 PAT. In my opinion, it wouldn't hurt to re-write it and aim for 21+ in every section. Even though the DAT is worth comparatively less than your marks and the interview, it can still make the difference between getting accepted vs. waitlisted (or rejected). If you have a super high GPA, you may not need to re-write. But if I were you, I would. Western will keep your most recent set of scores, whereas U of T will take your best score. It's worth a shot!

Okay good points!

And my GPA would end up being around 3.95, would that be considered "super high" ? or would that be more like 3.98-4.0 area?

I suppose actually studying and doing it again wouldn't hurt, like you said

Okay good points!

And my GPA would end up being around 3.95, would that be considered "super high" ? or would that be more like 3.98-4.0 area?

I suppose actually studying and doing it again wouldn't hurt, like you said

That's a great GPA! You might as well re-write in order to make your application even stronger than it already is. Good luck!

If I were you, I would re-write. If you're from Ontario, those scores are considered to be below average of those accepted. All good points mentioned above by DDS_hopeful. Your GPA is high enough, but it's not super-high considering the average GPA invited for a UofT interview this year was 3.91. Last thing you need is for your DAT score -- of all things -- to put you at a disadvantage.

Archived