Premed 101 Forums

Updating final year activities

Guest Lactic Folly

Guest Lactic Folly

Just wanted to check with those of you who have gone through the happy application process-

If you'll be participating in something again during your application year, you denote that as 2001-present (for ongoing) or 2001-04 (once a year), right?

As long as you don't put August 2004 as end date, hehe ;)

If you add an activity/award during the application year, how do you update that with admissions.. or do you?

Guest peachy
If you add an activity/award during the application year, how do you update that with admissions.. or do you?
Personally, I didn't. I asked U of T if I could (wanted to add some publications and some awards), and they said no, and then I didn't bother to check with the other schools...

Guest Lactic Folly

Ok..

One year I received a certain award for academics.. the next year I received a different award for academics.. though it was still nice, it rather highlights the fact that my grades dropped 8o

So I'm wondering if it would be misleading to only list the first one (leaving out the year), or is it all right to be selective when listing awards?

Guest peachy
So I'm wondering if it would be misleading to only list the first one (leaving out the year), or is it all right to be selective when listing awards?
Why would that be misleading? I was very selective about listing things. I didn't include Dean's Honour Roll, I think, and picked and chose about what I thought was important...

Guest Lactic Folly

I don't want to appear to claim the award for all years by being vague about which years/how many times received. If they ask for dates on the application, I'll likely have to put both awards (or leave both off), else there'll be a gap.

Archived