Premed 101 Forums

What Is The Gpa Conversion For Canadians Applying To Do Schools?

Hi! Thanks for the reply. 

I'm a high school grade 12 student so I'm just getting to know these things lol :)

And what do you mean by "standardized"?

Lol, then focus on doing well in university and then you can maybe even do med school in Canada.

Get off the forums, there's no need to be on here this early.

Hi! Thanks for the reply. 

I'm a high school grade 12 student so I'm just getting to know these things lol :)

And what do you mean by "standardized"?

I found this: 

AACOMAS Grade The AACOMAS grading system standardizes the way grades will be reported to your designated medical schools. AACOMAS Grades include: A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D, D- and F. The AACOMAS Grade is assigned a numeric value to calculate your grade point average. These values are:

A 4

A- 3.7

B+ 3.3

B 3.0

B- 2.7

C+ 2.3

C 2.0

C- 1.7

D+ 1.3

D 1.0

D- 0.7

F 0.0

As you enter grades, the AACOMAS system will attempt to convert and create an AACOMAS Grade. If an AACOMAS Grade is automatically created, you should generally accept the conversion. If your institution uses a different grading scale, choose the appropriate grade from the Letter Grade column.

Western's grading scale only has A+, A, B, C, D, and F. So say if you have an A (80% +) at Western. Does that mean it will translate to a 4.0 on my AACOMAS transcript?

Thanks! 

Archived