Premed 101 Forums

2 And Not Yet 3 Years For The Wgpa?

Hope the title makes sense haha. If not:

So say you have 2 full years (most recent years) that meet the full-time criteria. You don't have 3 such years under your belt (your previous years before that weren't full time or whatever). What happens then - can you apply? i.e. can you apply now (in the fall) as you prepare to "do" your 3rd full time year come September?

Because Ottawa doesn't do what Western does, (which is send out conditional acceptances when you've met 1 or the 2 required years, conditional on your getting your last of the required # of years, meeting the full-time + GPA cutoffs) right? I browsed through various threads but didn't find the answer; ok with your linking previous/old threads as an answer haha. Thanks. 

If you are truly a third year applicant yes but not if you have other "non full time" years. I'm not sure if you were saying you did have other years besides the two full time ones....but if so then I don't think you can apply until you have 3 full time years. That's what I had to do.

You can apply. 3rd year applicants only have 2 years of weighted GPA

If you are truly a third year applicant yes but not if you have other "non full time" years. I'm not sure if you were saying you did have other years besides the two full time ones....but if so then I don't think you can apply until you have 3 full time years. That's what I had to do.

To answer the Q's - I am not a "true" 3rd year applicant in that I have other "non full time years" before these last recent 2 full-time years. So, can't apply until that third full-time year has been completed, right?

I'm pretty sure that there is some miscommunication happening so i give you the best advice I can: EMAIL THE ADCOMS AND DO NOT RELY ON PM101 ALONE.

This is taken from the admissions website.

Applications will be accepted from students in good standing who will have successfully completed, prior to the beginning of June preceding registration, in a recognized university, three years of full-time studies (five full-year course/year) in any undergraduate program leading to a bachelor’s degree...

The way I am understanding your post is at this point in time you have 2 full time years completed and this September you will start your 3rd year of full time course load. This would make you elidgable based on my understanding of Uof O's admissions policy.

If you keep reading where they discuss the calculation of the WGPA I'm pretty sure the 2 full time years only applies to those going into 3rd year and for people who have more than 3 years already they use their most recent 3 full time years... But yes I agree always check with admission directly

If you keep reading where they discuss the calculation of the WGPA I'm pretty sure the 2 full time years only applies to those going into 3rd year and for people who have more than 3 years already they use their most recent 3 full time years... But yes I agree always check with admission directly

It states 3rd full time year. Not 3rd year. Which OP is doing. There is nothing in the manual or on the website which prohibits OP from applying this year.

Yea you are right! Definitely check with admissions as I was in a similar situation but I may have misunderstood! Good luck :)

Good luck this summer Belle_RN! I read somewhere (can't remember now) that you've applied and/or are waiting on results. *fingers crossed* :) 

Archived