Premed 101 Forums

Transcripts

Yeah, I also ordered a final transcript to be sent to the given address to Chantal directly from my school.. but after the degree is conferred in a week or so. Hopefully that still leaves plenty of time for it to get there by June 30..

Yeah, I also ordered a final transcript to be sent to the given address to Chantal directly from my school.. but after the degree is conferred in a week or so. Hopefully that still leaves plenty of time for it to get there by June 30..

If I wasn't in school this year, I don't have to send anything in right?

Oh okay, thanks for the info! I have not received an acceptance letter yet, only a phone call. 

Your acceptance was done through SAM though, correct?

You do accept the offer through SAM, but you also have to mail in a signed acceptance form, $1000 deposit, lab coat form, and a photocopy of proof of citizenship. All of this will be explained in your admissions offer document though, so just wait until you receive all of that and if you follow those directions you should be good to go  :)  congrats on getting accepted!

You do accept the offer through SAM, but you also have to mail in a signed acceptance form, $1000 deposit, lab coat form, and a photocopy of proof of citizenship. All of this will be explained in your admissions offer document though, so just wait until you receive all of that and if you follow those directions you should be good to go  :)  congrats on getting accepted!

Thank you so much! 

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a final transcript before my degree was conferred...does it matter in this case? I am in third year so I had to switch to the 3 year science program to get a degree. :P

I would maybe order another transcript that says that your degree is conferred, can you do that? Maybe its best to ask.

The thing is that the degree hasn't been conferred yet and I don't know how long administration takes to process it...I'll swing by the office today to check.

Edit: Chantal said the conferring of degrees only matters for the sake of what shows up on your diploma and their file on you. She told me to send another updated transcript if I wanted the degree to be in my file.

Archived