Premed 101 Forums

Looking For Mcat Study Buddy At Uofc

MLMSCalgary

Hi, I'm a UofC student taking the MCAT next year. I'm looking for an MCAT study buddy in SE Calgary or at UofC.

I have a background in the health/social sciences (BA in the humanities, MA in the humanistic social sciences and a PhD in social science and post-doc in global health policy) but I am just beginning to take the basic sciences this year and intend to write the MCAT by June next year. I just moved back here in Calgary after working in Geneva, Switzerland last year and spending a 6-month break to volunteer, teach, practice jiujitsu and surfing as well learn Portuguese in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

I have a beginner's mind attitude towards this process. I need/want to look for a study buddy who's willing to commit to sit down and study with me on campus or at the Shawnessy Public Library in SE Calgary, or at my home in the SE. I'm doing this for the first time and it's good to know some other soul doing it with me and maybe we can compliment each other by keeping each other accountable and focused. I can also cook for you (or invite you for dinner and you eat my Mom's delicious food) if you can help me out in the sciences section and I can help you out in the CARS and Psych/Soc sections. It's like exchange private tutorials - we can also simulate full length MCAT practice tests together.

PM me for details. Cheers.

Archived