Premed 101 Forums

Lines of Credit

Guest dr octopus

Guest caperchic

I did my LOC through Scotiabank. I totally recommend Jonny Kung (Spring Garden at Brenton branch). He was super to deal with!

Guest walkorbike

hi, cowboy mouse and caperchic, thanks very much--that is just what I was looking for. Sorry to hear about the broken finger, CM: your typing is still very neat!

-walkorbike

Guest DonaldKaufman

Walkorbike (and with the narrow road-shoulders around here, I tend to opt for 'walk'),

The Scotiabank on the Corner of Robie and Coburg is super close to school, and they told me that quite a few of Dal's med students have LOCs with them. They gave me the card of someone named Sherry Nielsen, but I haven't had a chance to set up a meeting with her yet.

-DK

Guest CaesarCornelius

Hey Walk or bike

yeah Kim Morash is at the Spring Garden CIBC. The LOC's are basically the same, its the extras (ie:credit card, insurance, repayment time) that make the difference. Choose what best suits you.

The MD management people told me that there is a national bank machine on barington somewhere. But they suggested to just deposit cheques into your own bank account every month, kind of like a paycheck.

CC

Guest walkorbike

thanks, CC,

I really appreciate that everyone is so generous with this sort of information, saves me some calling around.

-walkorbike

• 1 year later...
Guest 1drwmn

Just to mention, the banks are all happy to lend money. The folks at MD Management (which is owned by the Canadian Medical Association) are a great resource. Although there is no National Bank the MD Management folks are the ones who can get this set up. You can find them on http://www.cma.ca.

Archived