Premed 101 Forums

Finding Housing

Guest 007

I've mailed in my deposit for next year and I'm now starting to look into finding accomodations for next year. Do current Dal students have any advice? Will there be many properties that come up for August/September later in the summer or is my best bet to find something ASAP? I have this week coming up off and then no more than one day off at a time until the last week of July and I currently live in Ontario. Should I be aggressive about finding a place in the next week and book flights to Halifax?

Any advice about this and general ideas about where to live would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Guest CaesarCornelius

Hey

Check the dal housing website and you can probably find what you are looking for there. If you can give me some of your 'limitations' (price/rooms/pets/etc) I can make some recomendations for you.

There are tons of places for rent now, and most are sublet with option to renew in september. But Im sure that you would be able to find a decent place at the end of july.

CC

Hey,

Thanks CC. I have been looking at the housing site but I wasn't sure how quickly things move so thanks for your help.

The housing here in Kingston is notoriously bad close to the school so perhaps I'm more concerned than most about this sort of thing. Basically, I'm looking for either single or shared accomodations. If shared, I'd prefer to live with other females and I'd rather be some place where people are looking for a new housemate rather than in one of the houses where there are 5 rooms rented out to 5 people who don't know each other and you share the kitchen/bathroom. Preferably, I'd like to be within 20 min walking distance of the school, some place quiet, with a washer and dryer, and close to a grocery store. I don't have any pets of my own but cats and dogs are fine. I won't have a car, so I don't need parking. I think my upper limit for rent and utilities is about $700. Ideally, I'd perfer to be paying in the $400-$600 range. I don't know Halifax at all, so I really appreciate any help.

Thanks again,

Thanks acropolistica, I found that thread yesterday after I wrote my big long post. :P Sorry I wasn't more thorough before posting.

Archived