Premed 101 Forums

MCATs sent in with application?

Guest summerfuntimes

Guest summerfuntimes

Hey there,

Does a copy of an MCAT score report have to be sent in with the application? If so, is the 'official' one printed off the web from the AAMC THx okay?

• 1 year later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118447760</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>Still nothing....maritimers?</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>MDforMe</username>

<dateline>1116245340</dateline>

<title>Still nothing....maritimers?</title>

<pagetext>I'm a NS resident, and have yet to hear anything at all regarding my application, whether it be accepted, rejected or deferred. Is this unusual, or are there still other Maritime applicants that have heard nothing as well?

Starting to get VERY anxious....anyone else in the same boat? When does AdCom finish the first go through of martime applicants?

Cheers,

MDforMe

Don't worry yet. The last set of files looked at for the first time goes through usually in early july (deferrals are mid july I think). So you still have just under two months of possible wait time where your file may not seen daylight.

Be strong...

josh

(still havent heard from dal either, nor has the PhD I work with)

Guest ladywondernut

I'm in the same boat. I think, though, that all files are reviewed by the last week of June, with the last meeting(s) focused on the review of deferred files. By the last meeting, a final acceptance list, waitlist and rejection list is established and all letters are sent out with their news - good, bad or ugly. So, everyone gets word by early in the first week of July at the absolute latest. There's no moving from rejection to the waitlist (they ensure there are more than enough waitlisted candidates), and those who are waitlisted wait (go figure). I've heard of waitlisted candidates being called even 1-2 weeks after the start of classes, but there's generally not a lot of movement, from what I understand. I suppose most people who decline acceptance would tend to do so before the end of June.

Right now, no news is still good news in my books.

Guest Madz25

I'm an NB resident still waiting to hear from Dal...it says on their website that wait lists are set by the end of June so I'm refraining from giving them a call until the first week of July. The wait is killing me!!!

Guest stepstofollow

If it helps -- If you have heard anything, your file has not been reviewed yet. :\

I was waitlisted last year. And last year, they were not sending out deferral emails. This year, if you are deferred you will hear from them. The waitlist letter came by email, then followed by a mailed original dated July 2. The in-province waitlist does not move very much - ~5 spots, sometimes more, sometimes less, but anything can happen!!!!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for everybody waiting!

Guest suki234

The wait truly sucks...but my only advice is try to keep your mind off it. I heard *nothing* until June 30th last year...and it was an acceptance letter (on the day after my birthday...whee :) ) Now, granted, they were not sending emails last year for deferrals...but there's still plenty of time to get in, whether by acceptance, deferral and then acceptance or acceptance off the wait list. Best of luck ;)

Archived