Premed 101 Forums

two batches of letters this week

Guest kayos

Guest kayos

To answer your question hellermk, I did in fact receive my letter on Monday. Instead of having the usual Monday meeting last week, the admissions committee met last Thursday so the letters went out on Friday. As far as I know it was business-as-usual for the meeting this past Monday so I guess Maritime letters for this week should be arriving any day now. Good luck everyone!

Guest stepstofollow

Hi Kayos.

Congratulations!!!!

I think you should pick Dal -- don't worry about the Ontario schools! (My 2 cents). Are you a local?

Steps

Guest kayos

Hi Steps,

Thanks for the congrats! I am definitely a local, having lived in Halifax my entire life and doing undergrad at Dal. I love the city and the university is fantastic. The only reason I am even considering not going to Dal for med school is because in the future I don't want to look back and regret never having lived anywhere else. I could totally see myself doing residency and settling down in Halifax so I am scared that if I don't go away now for med school, I never will. So if I do get in to any of my Ontario schools, I am considering making the move just for the life experience. Any advice or opinions about this would be greatly appreciated because I am really having a tough time!! Thanks.

K

Guest CaesarCornelius

Hey Kayos,

I was in the same boat as you, but I stayed at DAL and I love it. I am definitely going away for residency, and I think that will be a great move for me. But you make the decision that is right for you. im sure the ontario schools will be ok, and hey, You will have 200 other classmates to make friends with, at dal we only have 90..;)

CC

Guest stepstofollow

Chances are you'll go away for residency or fellowships.

You won't regret anything, even if you have lived here for your whole life.... My husband did his fellowship in Oz after doing med school and residency at Dal -- as far away as you can get!

But.... you'll know in your heart what's right -- you'll be drawn to go to a place. Never look back.

Hope I get to see you in the fall!

Guest ladywondernut

On behalf of all those still hoping for that one elusive seat at Dal, kayos, NOW is the time to expand your horizons! If the opportunity arises, go west - go west, I say! ;)

I guess desperation is setting in.

Archived