Premed 101 Forums

Ubc Dental Admission

For IP applicants, what did you use to prove your BC residency? I sent a photocopy of my care card, but it looks like that wasn't approved and now the deadline has passed. 

Their BC residency requirements aren't clear. Unfortunately, what you send in depends on which box you ticked. A BC care card isn't acceptable regardless of which option you picked; they want a BC service card (assuming it applies to the option you picked).

I believe the difference has to do with identifying where you are born: when I applied I had to send in my passport to prove I was Canadian and also my Birth certificate to prove BC residency. Note that the passport has my birthplace on it, but they will not use the same piece of ID for 2 different criteria (I don't know why).

I don't think the care card proves you were born in BC, thus it is not sufficient. 

I believe the difference has to do with identifying where you are born: when I applied I had to send in my passport to prove I was Canadian and also my Birth certificate to prove BC residency. Note that the passport has my birthplace on it, but they will not use the same piece of ID for 2 different criteria (I don't know why).

I don't think the care card proves you were born in BC, thus it is not sufficient. 

The BC services card doesn't prove you were born in BC either. It's basically a new form of ID that acts as both your care card and drivers license.

Unfortunately, UBC Dental doesn't accept the Care card for whatever reason except that maybe the Services card is newer. I don't think there's any logic behind it, as UBC Med accepts the Care card.

Archived