Premed 101 Forums

Somerset Place?

Guest 007

Guest flying kumquat

I've never been inside these apartments, but the location is good. You'd be about a 10 minute walk away from the Tupper Building and the IWK/VG hospital complex. You're also pretty close to Sobey's and Spring Garden Road. Personally, I really liked living in this area of the city, much better than the area between Quinpool and Coburg (another area with a high student population), probably because of its proximity to grocery stores and the rest of the downtown shops. The only disadvantage I can think of is that it's a bit of a hike to Dalplex. But if I get into Dal (fingers crossed), this will definitely be the area I'll move to.

Guest MDforMe

I've live in Somerset Place for 2 years. Older Bldg, but good location. 6 min walk to VG hospital, 9 min to Tupper Medical Bldg, 10 min to Spring Garden Rd., 5 min to Point Pleasant Park.

Bus stop right outside front door. Also has a convenience store/movie store, hair salon/tanning salon, and an awesome coffee shop (Uncommon Grounds) on the main level.

One common laundry room in basement which is kinda a drag on laundry day.

Building is worth checking out for sure. Other newer buildings have nicer decor etc., but for the price Somerset is a pretty good location.

The management company "CapREIT" has a website as well. The also own Park Victoria down the street which is even closer to everything (except the park).

Good luck

Archived