Premed 101 Forums

Still hanging around

Guest wannabe

Guest wannabe

Hey guys,

Tracy emailed me today and said that she was trying to finish the last letters to have them mailed out by 4:00pm today (Friday).

I'm trying to pay attention to who is still waiting. As far as I know it's Mimicat, DALstudent, Magnolia and myself. As well as anyone else who isn't writing on the msg board. Do you four think there is anyway that we can find out where we are on the waiting list?

I think I've been waiting too long (5 months) to spend the next two months unsure of whether or not I should be making plans for September. My summer just became more difficult, frustrating, and uncertain because of being waitlisted. I was planning on travelling next year if I didn't get in and now I'm left not being able to buy my ticket and make travel plans because of the chance that I will get in (of course I would drop all plans and go to med school). Does anyone have any advice?

-Wannabe

Guest Mimicat65

Hi wannabe,

I feel your pain... I was pretty low this morning, feeling pretty emotional about this whole process. :( I'm not even sure if the letters that were going out today are even waitlist - what if they are outright rejections? And even if they are waitlist, I've heard that the Dal waitlist hardly moves... is this true, does anyone know? This whole process is really frustrating.

Guest Mimicat65

Well.... after five months of waiting post-interview... I got rejected :( . I feel like I just wasted the last 2 years of my life. Good luck to all of you who are starting in Sept, and I hope the mail brings better news for wannabe and the others waiting.

Guest waitinginhali

Hi Mimicat,

I am so sorry to hear your news! I haven't written in much but I have been following everyone's story. Even though I don't know you I was really rooting for you! Talk to the admissions people and ask them how to improve. If you really want to go to med school, it will happen. I didn't get in two years ago when I applied and I also got the bad news in July! It sucks! I just got the letter that I am on the waitlist....

waiting in hali

Guest CaesarCornelius

Mimi - I am sorry to hear about your letter, I hope you apply again next year and keep trying to make your medical school dream a reality.

DALStudent (Mike): I guess you were not entirely correct when you said "Im not getting in FOR SURE".. Well there is still hope. Fingers crossed.

Waitinginhali: There is still hope!!

GL all

Guest DALstudent

Hey Caesar,

A belated congrats to ya..... All that worrying for nothing!

Anyways, good luck to all those still waiting

FormerDALstudent

Guest novacanuck

Hey Mimicat,

My deepest condolences go out to you. I didn't get in last year when I applied but when the fall came everything seemed to fall into place. I hope and pray that things are similar for you.

Best wishes,

Ben

Guest wannabe

Like Mimicat, I too got the boot today. Here is a bit of the letter:

"Although your application was in the deferred category and was discussed again and ranked at the final meeting in June your ranking was such that we are unable to place you on our waiting list this year..."

That's for those of you who have no idea what a rejection letter looks like.

It's on to plan B...

Archived