Premed 101 Forums

Withdrawal On Transcripts

pharmacy2015

Hi all,

I am currently in my third year of General Sciences at the University of Alberta and I am planning to apply this year to get into the Pharmacy program for next fall.  During my first year, I unfortunately withdrew from two classes - Sociology 100 and Psychology 104 - as a result of not knowing what I would need these classes for. However, in my second year, I became interested in Pharmacy and enrolled again in these two classes as I learned that they could be used for credit towards the program.

My question is, does anyone know if these withdrawals would cause my application to be looked as unfavourably? If so, is there anything that I can do to improve my circumstances?

Thanks everyone.

A "W" in itself doesn't matter. It doesn't count against your GPA in away other than the fact that you carry fewer credits.

I myself had a W on my transcript, so the following semester I took 6 courses so that I would still have 30*/year. Just make sure you have at least one year with a full course load and it shouldn't make much of an impact, if any.

Archived