Premed 101 Forums

Info on Basic Life Support C

Guest Cowboy Mouse

Guest Cowboy Mouse

For those who need the certification, St. John Ambulance offers it on a pretty regular basis. I called today, and signed up for the two day version (Basic Life support C on day 1 and First Aid on day 2) for Aug. 22 and 23. It was $80. They offer just the Level C on the 21st, it's $55. They're in Dartmouth.

Guest CaesarCornelius

Hey

Just so you know, you only need the level C. If your under time/financial constraints.

You can also set up your LOC anytime after you get your acceptance letter. However, I would either start asking questions here, or wait until O-week.

I have a file I can send you on the various banks that was made by a class mate of mine.

Cheers

CC

Guest Cowboy Mouse

Hi CC,

That file would probably be a very good starting point for me since I know very little about LOC's. How do I go about receiving it?

CM

Guest CaesarCornelius

hey

I have the file on my comp. So just let me know your email addy (through the private msg if you want) and Ill send it your way. There is also a thread in here somewhere.

CC

• 2 months later...
Guest Mimicat65

Hey CC,

Are you sure about only needing the CPR level C (and not the first aid part of the course?). I signed up for cpr c only for August in Dartmouth, but haven't received anything from Dal yet about requirements, so am just going from what you have said.

Thanks, Mimi

Guest CaesarCornelius

Hey Mimi,

I am 99.99% sure that is all you need. If you are unsure, you can always call Sharon, or the Undergrad Medical Education Office and hear it from them. Unless they have changed things from last year, that is all you need.

But hey, first aid would be good to have too..:)

CC

Guest DonaldKaufman

I've already completed the course, but get ready for a boring time. Ok, it was pretty informative, and we even finished pretty early, but you know how those things are.....

Have fun on the Darkside!

-DK

Archived