Premed 101 Forums

Equip/Books

Guest ryguy

Guest ryguy

Just a thought from reading posts from other schools...

Has anyone thought about what we need when we show up? Do we have to buy all our books for 1st year?

Any existing Dal med students - what type of computing services does Dal have? Is a laptop a good idea (are there ports around campus or wireless?)

Guest CaesarCornelius

Heheh.. Funny you should ask this, I am currently writing a FAQ for the orientation website.

Here is question #1:

1)* * * * Oh my god, I can’t believe I am accepted, what should I do for the rest of the summer? Should I start studying now? Do I need to buy all of my books in advance? Maybe I can head up to the anatomy lab and get a head start?

a.* * * Although there is a list of books on the orientation website, we usually buy books at the beginning of each unit rather than all at once. There will be a book sale in September where you can pick up some cheap books from the upper year classes, but otherwise you can wait to talk to your buddy and your classmates about which books to buy.

How is that?

Dal is both wired and wireless. A laptop is not necessary, but why not? You don't have to do much writing, but you will spend lots of time researching.

CC

Archived