Premed 101 Forums

Important To The Future Of Dentistry

I was talking about this long before the election.

I like Trudeau. He's charismatic, socially progressive, a strong leader.

But he won on a social media campaign. I'd argue 80% of my class voted for him, without understanding his economic platform.

Unfortunately social progressiveness coupled with economic conservatism isn't a common combination.

I don't see myself ever making more than $250,000 net.  I'd be pleasantly surprised if I do.

Just because you, a new graduate practicing in one of the most saturated areas in Canada, don't see it happening, doesn't mean it isn't happening elsewhere... Right? 

I don't see myself ever making more than $250,000 net.  I'd be pleasantly surprised if I do.

where did you get the number of $250k?

I don't think you are understanding what the article is saying. There isn't a set number.

You could get a hit if you are incorporated.

Let's say if your net income per year is $150K, your spouse makes $0. You can income split and give $75k to her and keep $75K to yourself so you are both in the (significantly) lower tax bracket. The argument here is they are trying to remove this income splitting feature.

The article mentioned lowering the income limit for the small business tax deduction.

I don't really know how they could outlaw income splitting in that manner - unless they ruled that professional corps could only have one shareholder.

I've read somewhere else prior to the election that they would not allow income split for corporations with only one employee (essentially yourself).

the article above also mentions quebec already restricts lower tax on corp with less than four full time employees...

Archived