Premed 101 Forums

Got my letter today and I was.....

Guest DALstudent

Guest Mimicat65

Best of luck to you DALstudent!! Did they tell you how big the waitlist is? I really hope that you hear from them soon so that you can enjoy your summer.;)

Mimi

Guest DALstudent

Hi Mimicat65

Unfortunately they don't state how many people are on the waitlist in my letter, but if I remember in an earlier thread, Dalhopeful (now CC) was informed by Dr. Hughes that they make a waitlist of about 13. Problem is, is that I've heard the Dalhousie waitlist doesn't move much and that it varies from year to year. So I'm not sure how to feel :\

Sorry to hear about your application. How many times have you applied in the past? Don't despair, my mom is a nurse and asks all the residents how many times they had to apply to med school. Lots of people say it took them 3 tries.

FormerDALstudent

Guest Mimicat65

Hi DALstudent,

This was only my first time applying. I know that lots of people have to apply more than once. It's just that I am a mature student and every year that passes..., well you know. I also feel that I went out on a limb by changing career paths and going back to take sciences 2 years ago.. By not getting in, or AT LEAST waitlisted, I feel that I just cost our family $100K (at least) in lost wages, tuition, books, travel expenses, and childcare expenses..., not to mention time lost with them. It's a bum deal :(

But I really think that the bunch of applicants on this board seem outstanding, so I wish you all the best of luck and good times. You deserve it. Like Mayflower, I need to do some serious soul-searching over the next few months to decide what to do next.

Hope you get good news soon, Mimi

Guest Magnolia

I finally heard from Dal yesterday and I was waitlisted too..not getting my hopes up, but hopefully the list will move quickly:\

Archived