Premed 101 Forums

Orientation week

Guest DalHopeful

Guest arcticaguy

Wow,

This was one posting I never would have expected at this time:rollin but nonetheless I'll try to answer it:

Every year, the chairpersons of Orientation Week try to work in a few different things, but generally, the week starts off with a Med I-Med II BBQ on the Sunday, the day before registration day. This is a chance for the Med I's to meet each other, some med II's to see each other for the first time since the start of the summer and for the med I's to meet their med II buddy.

Registration day involves the usual: lockers, fees, photos, inoculation records, etc. Then you have the welcoming speeches, then the med II's put on a good ol' maritime party. O-Week groups are formed. The first competition this year was Karoake! Loads of fun :)

There's a Hippocratic Oath ceremony, More speeches (esp. ones re. professionalism), Big party-(the one where we had Pacifico's all to ourselves stands out!), there are the Breakfast Olympics, a boat ride on the Harbour, more partying, a few other lectures on facilities/professionalism/COPS/tutorials followed by more partying. An intro to the Gross Anatomy labs was one of the highlights of those lectures. School starts at the end of the week. more luncheons and dinners. Most of my meals were taken care of during that week or so! The next week, the med I class throws a 'thank you' party for the med II class. That's all I can remember for now.

One of the best times of your life....it was A BLAST! You'll just have to wait and see what they come up with this time around:D

• 4 months later...
Guest novacanuck

Arcticaguy,

That's quite the description you've got going on. Now I'm so excited I just wish it would start now....lol

Thanks for the info!!!

Later,

Ben

Archived