Premed 101 Forums

Breaks and Jobs

Guest DalHopeful

Guest DalHopeful

I was just wondering when Dal med I's and II's have breaks? How long is the December break? Is there a 'reading week' break in feb/march? When does summer begin?

I was also curious as to whether or not there were opportunities for med students to work in the summer time in some sort of medically related field? Or are the summers left up to you?

THANKS! :D

Guest NBsmurf

Hi!

Ultimately, the summers are left up to us to organize, however, there are a variety of possibilities available through the medical school. There are research positions available, whether it be in a lab or researching art and medicine. I know for NB students there is a Summer Preceptorship Program, where you can work in NB for the summer and get some clinical experience. I'm not sure about NS, maybe one of the other moderators knows? Of course there is always the option of taking some time off to travel :D

Our reading week is actually on right now, we go back to class next monday. I can't remember exactly when Christmas break started (it seems so long ago!), but it was about two weeks. Our summer starts at the end of May, and we have about three months off.

Hope this helps ;)

Archived