Premed 101 Forums

Countdown

Guest arcticaguy

Guest MD2006

I know! Can't believe it's coming up so fast! I'm off to bask on the beach in PEI this weekend (and hopefully get away from the INSANE heat here in Halifax) and then prepare for the last week of "freedom".....

Guest arcticaguy

yeah, ditto-it'd be great if we could store up on sleep :D I was just on the Island-what a great place to relax in the sun!

see you all soon. 8)

Guest MD2006

Hey guys, I was basking in the sun on the Island all weekend, what a great time! (with the exception of the dozens of bug bites everywhere). I thought I was escaping the heat but I was wrong! 6 more days :eek

Guest NBsmurf

Glad you had a good time on the island. You know...it's funny, I thought that by leaving southern ontario, I wouldn't have to deal with this heat anymore *sigh* :rolleyes I'm heading back to Halifax tomorrow after a nice two week break in NB.

What is everyone looking forward to O-week? The breakfast olympics have me interested :D

Guest MD2006

I agree, I think the breakfast Olympics will be a good time, also the Harbour cruise will be great as long as the weather cooperates, and of course the pub crawl! How are you guys doing, excited, stressed? A mix of both for me, but much more excited!!

Guest NBsmurf

Ah, the pub crawl :)

I'm like you MD2006, very excited and looking forward to starting next week...strangely not the least bit stressed...that'll come later I guess :)

Guest arcticaguy

mmmm....sunshine-I'm one of those who can't get enough of the sun. I was just on the island myself, good timing I guess. As for O-week, the breakfast Olympics sound fun but I'm really looking forward to the bbq. I've been getting less and less sleep as the day draws closer. That might also explain some of my latest dreams/nightmares ;)

I'm going back to Halifax on Friday!!! I'll have to wait for my net and phone to be hooked up just after the olympics though-bad timing.

T-5days

8)

Guest MD2006

I'm sure we'll hit all the good spots...just so long as we don't end up at the Dome or the Palace, I'll be happy :) .....NBSmurf and Articaguy.....if you haven't heard of them yet, you will soon....maybe UWOMED can vouch for that :P

Guest UWOMED2005

Thirsty duck was always good when Tony Smith & the Mellotones played there. . . but other than that, I always found the crowd a bit older.

Yeah, "La Palace" (pronounounced Pah-lah-chay) blows. Even the Barenaked Ladies make fun of that place in the song "Hello city." I was warned by that place on the first night of Frosh week, but as it was a Sunday, myself and the other 5 Frosh in the group I was with couldn't find anywhere else that was kicking, so we debated going in. Just as we were about to go in, some goofball dancing on the speakers licks his fingers, directs a "here kitty" sign towards the girls in our group and dropped his pants & underwear. No joke. Still, I did have a number of fun nights there with members of the rugby team - if you take the place as a joke of cheesy dance bar (and you're a guy) I think you can have a good time.

The Attic can be good, depending on who's playing. I've seen some wicked Carson Downey shows there, as well as the Burt Neilson Band (from Toronto.) And Karaoke at Cheers can be a blast - we used to take over the place on ?Monday? nights when I was in 3rd year after a couple incidents in O-week. If you guys make it to FSS ask me about the night my friend thought Kevin Spacey (the actor, he was in town filming the Shipping News) was trying to pick him up - hilarious story involving Cheers. But as for the Atrium (ie main part of the Dome) itself, yeah, it blows. Cheezy dance bar to the max.

My scene was always more Split Crow/Lower Deck/Tickle Trunk/Wardroom/Grad Club/Planet Pool aka the Planet/Marquee/Granite Brewery, depending on the night. Oh yeah, and of course JJ's. :)

Guest arcticaguy

UWOmed2005-hmmm, although I realize that it probably wasn't funny to the girls in your frosh group, I find that Palace dude quite funny-maybe that's his way of welcoming others to "the city" ;) Actually, I've been forewarned that the dome and the Palace would probably not be to my tastes. However, I have heard great things about the lower deck from friends who went to dal for undergrad.

Ofcourse, I have no clue where all these places are yet. They're still part of the urban myth collection to me :)

Guest UWOMED2005

I totally forgot about the Shoe Shop and the Triangle. Add those to my list of favourites. YFM's not bad either. I particularly enjoyed Monday nights at the Shop.

Split Crow relocating? Too bad.

Archived