Premed 101 Forums

Dental School Advice Needed

Hello everyone,

I recently decided to switch my career path to dentistry. Right now I am in my 4th year of a Bachelor of Commerce program. My GPA is high and I am planning to either take an extra year or two to take all the pre-req's (bio/chem etc.) or switch into the Bachelor of Science program. Would applying with B.Comm impact my competitiveness? Or would it be in my best interest to switch to B.Sc?

Hello everyone,

I recently decided to switch my career path to dentistry. Right now I am in my 4th year of a Bachelor of Commerce program. My GPA is high and I am planning to either take an extra year or two to take all the pre-req's (bio/chem etc.) or switch into the Bachelor of Science program. Would applying with B.Comm impact my competitiveness? Or would it be in my best interest to switch to B.Sc?

It will NOT affect your chances. Do whatever will ensure that you keep your GPA high. The DAT doesn't really require any university courses to ensure you do well, just set aside a few months of dedicated study and you'll be fine.

Archived