Premed 101 Forums

Uofa Gpa Question

On the website for DDS admission the following is posted:

For applicants who have completed four or more years of full-time transferable postsecondary work, the cumulative (overall) GPA is calculated with the deletion of the lowest Fall/Winter GPA, provided it is not the most recent Fall/Winter or the only Fall/Winter where *30 was taken.

What exactly does this mean? Does it mean that the most recent 30-credit year MUST be included?

for example, if my gpa's for 5 years were the following:

Year 1: 3.7 (30 credits)

Year2: 3.72 (24 credits)

Year3: 3.85 (24 credits)

Year4: 3.6 (30 credits)

Year5: 3.9 ( 21 credits)

My initial assumption is that for this year, years 1,2,3,5 will be calculated for my GPA. My intention for taking my 5th year was to have my 4th year removed from the calculation. Will my 4th year be removed now? If someone can assure me that it will I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

On the website for DDS admission the following is posted:

For applicants who have completed four or more years of full-time transferable postsecondary work, the cumulative (overall) GPA is calculated with the deletion of the lowest Fall/Winter GPA, provided it is not the most recent Fall/Winter or the only Fall/Winter where *30 was taken.

What exactly does this mean? Does it mean that the most recent 30-credit year MUST be included?

for example, if my gpa's for 5 years were the following:

Year 1: 3.7 (30 credits)

Year2: 3.72 (24 credits)

Year3: 3.85 (24 credits)

Year4: 3.6 (30 credits)

Year5: 3.9 ( 21 credits)

My initial assumption is that for this year, years 1,2,3,5 will be calculated for my GPA. My intention for taking my 5th year was to have my 4th year removed from the calculation. Will my 4th year be removed now? If someone can assure me that it will I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

It just means they let you drop your worst year but that year can't be the only year with 30 credits. So you can ignore it and your cGPA is 3.79 since your 4th year is removed. Oh, and with that GPA make sure you kill the DAT or you won't be getting into UofA realistically. Good luck.

Archived