Premed 101 Forums

Lecture Slides Western

Can someone please post lecture slides for Western PT via a dropbox file so first year students can start studying them?

Or you can private message me and anyone else interested the dropbox link

It will really make our lives less miserableness when we have to deal with 5 courses

Thanks in advance to anyone willing, 

Xin

Not sure how much we can help you there since many of our slides contain case studies (which we cannot share due to confidentiality agreements), and I believe that many of our lectures are also copyrighted by the professors. The professors are also constantly updating our powerpoints via feedback from the classes, as well as new research that might pop up, so the lectures that we get may be completely different than what is given to you.

If you are looking to get ahead over your summer break, one thing I can recommend is brushing up on both gross and functional anatomy of the MSK from head to toe (yes, this includes things such as your facial muscles and infrahyoids), excluding the abdominal cavity and GI tract. This include muscle names, origins/insertions, innervations, and functions. Two main points of focus for the nervous system were the brachial and lumbosacral plexus, and knowing those well will give you a good foundation heading into the program.

In terms of neuroanatomy, a good understanding of how action potentials propagate, as well as the various areas of the brain/brainstem and their functions wouldn't hurt! Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, hope that aids you even a little bit!

Thanks for the detailed info man, I do appreciate you taking the time to write all of that!

No worries! Sorry I couldn't help more, but since we don't have the finalized class list right now it'd be too easy for someone to just make a fake account on premed or fb and just claim to be in the program :P

Archived