Premed 101 Forums

Cardiology Elective Uofo

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I have certainly never done this rotation, as I am not yet a medical student but I do research at the Heart Institute and it is AMAZING. The medical students I work lllooooovvveeeee it. The staff are super friendly and helpful and the Heart Institute is world-class. Ottawa is also super chill...

Sorry if you were expecting someone with more qualifications. Hope this helps in some way!

Best of luck with your Cardio rotation.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Your raving review is definitely making me lean towards UofO...do you know if there are always a lot of learners? My only hesitancy is that since it is a world class institute, there might be more fellows and residents, making it harder for little med students to get more one on one learning?

SO sorry for the late reply..

There are tons of learners... I am not even in med school yet and the doctors actively make time for me to observe procedures and ask questions when I have any. I also believe it depends which rotation you're on - there aren't many surgery residents and I'm not really sure for IM. I know a woman from an Irish medical school doing a selective at OHI and she LOVES it!

Sorry again for the late reply, hope this was helpful.

Archived