Premed 101 Forums

Prerequisites From Other Universities

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know how the admissions office determines which biology prerequisites are acceptable, when the courses were taken at a university other than U of O?

I emailed them last year to make sure that two of my biology courses met their prerequisite requirements, and both did. However, my friend was told a few weeks ago, when he inquired, that one of the same courses could not be accepted for the biology prerequisites.

I'm a little bit nervous since it seems like very few courses are accepted, and if this specific course is not accepted, I will have to add another biology course to my schedule for this upcoming year. I will definitely email them this week to verify what is and isn't acceptable, but I'm wondering whether anyone has any insight into this. What happens if you list a course as a prerequisite, but it does not satisfy their requirements? Does it automatically disqualify you? I would have listed this course since I was told it could be used last year. How do they keep track of which courses satisfy requirements from other universities while going through the applications?

Thank you!

Archived