Premed 101 Forums

u of manitoba waiting list movement?

Guest home grown mban

Guest home grown mban

I've been recently ranked and placed on the waiting list for the University of Manitoba. It's the only school I've applied to and want to attend for several reasons. The waiting is really, really, really hard. Has anyone been offered positions from the U of M regular category waiting list? What position were you ranked out of the 27 Regular Category Applicants on the waiting list? I know the first round of offers to the REGULAR CATEGORY waiting list was to be made the week of July 2nd, 2001 and the next round the week of July 9th, 2001. Does anyone have any information on this part of the process? This is the first time I have applied and I feel like I'm in the dark a little with this whole process.

Any information would provide some relief.

Thanks from Muddy Waters

i also received my rank on the UofM waitlist. From what I heard, 19 people out of the 26 were called off last year, meaning if you are waitlisted, your chances are quite good. With respect to when the offers of admission will be made, I am also in the dark. Good luck buddy.

jc

Guest home grown mban

Thanks for responding jc. I hadn't heard that they took 19 from the waitlist last year. I have heard that most of the movement off of the waitlist occurs closer to the start of the school year (late August/early September)-from a student in another province so I'm not sure if it applies to Manitoba as well. I hope that we don't have to wait that long. Do you know if the school notifies us at all as to how many spots they've offered or updates us to let us know how much further down the list we are? Is it acceptable to contact them to find out how things are progressing? Have you had any contact with the admissions office at all?

Or are we just supposed to stay quiet and wait?!

I don't want to rock any boats, ruffle any feathers so to speak.

Good Luck to you too.

I'll keep you posted if I hear anything or see anything in the mail.

Home grown m'ban

Guest Ian Wong

As long as you are polite, I don't think there's any harm to a quick call. There's a very good chance that they won't tell you however. I wouldn't be afraid of contacting them in fear of pissing them off and torpedoing your application. As long as your manners are there, and everything stays friendly, I don't see the harm in calling.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived