Premed 101 Forums

from wut u've heard, r ppl with AGPA 3.80....?

Guest fortrichmond

Guest fortrichmond

From wut u've heard or ur past experience, does students with an AGPA around 3.80 have a 40% chance to get in UW med school, considering other factors as ideal ?(In province Applicant)

Please tell me. Thanx a lot

Guest fever meds

Assuming you mean U of Manitoba, I am not sure anyone is really able to say a 3.8 AGPA would give you a x% chance. It really depends on the year.

Besides grades are only 10% of admission. If your MCAT was at least 30, and you were well prepared for the interview I would say you would have a fairly resonable chance.

Guest fortrichmond

Thanks for the post,fever meds.

BTW, I am gonna finish a 4yr degree in U of Waterloo this term. Planning to get a second degree in U of Manitoba.

3.80 AGPA is an estimation based on my both degree grades.(currently AGPA @ UW is 3.60sth)

Too bad, admission comittee doesnt care about the difficulity level of courses and universities. And i admit it's very hard to consider all these factors.However, the estimated AGPA bothers me a lot. If most successful appliants have AGPA like 3.9, 4.0,4.2,4.4... , it's probably not worth a try since the chance r too small. High reputation university screwed my transcript.

Sign....

Guest tim23

keep in mind that GPA is only worth 10% of your application, as long as you get an interview that'll make or break you, not GPA.

Guest sweetstuff25

i'm sure there are ppl with 3.8 gpas that got into uofm (as long as you are in province). but since majority of the weight is on the mcat and the interview, i would recommend you have pretty decent extracurriculars (ie. volunteering, work) and a high mcat score.

If you get an interview, that means you already made the GPA cutoff of 3.60 or whatever it is now. GPA means very little in the grand scheme of the interview, as people have said it is only 10% of the admission. Your MCAT score and interview performance is pretty much going to be the sole determinant of whether you get in or not, you shouldn't worry about your GPA if you are planning to go to U of M at all.

Guest fortrichmond

Thanks guys . I feel much confident now.

Yes, I will complete a 4 year Actuarial Science Degree @ U of Waterloo. It's actually not a usual science subject, no experiments.Everthing is solely based on stats, calculus... Very tough program. Killing brain cells.

Archived