Premed 101 Forums

Can I finish my med school prereqs while or after applying?

Guest MedixMan

Guest MedixMan

Hey!

I am an Engineering Science student from the University of Toronto planning to apply to medical school in 2008. There are quite a few prerequisites I have to get out of the way before I can apply to many of the Canadian Medical Schools and I dont want to have to take them all if Im not going to end up going to medical school in the end.

Saying that, my question is: will medical schools offer an applicant acceptance (while/with the condition of) allowing them to finish off any leftover prereqs before entry? ie, the summer of acceptance and before med school classes begin?

ie.Will Medical Schools accept without all prereqs fulfilled?

Thanks for your help!

NSci0T9 yeee:D

Guest straightalker

Yes. Most schools offer conditional acceptances, with the understanding that the applicant will complete all necessary pre-reqs before a certain deadline date (this is usually a few days before medical school begins).

Guest MedixMan

When applying to medical school on OMSAS, is there a place where the applicant indicates which courses are the prerequisites used to fulfill the requires prereqs, or do the universities decide which ones to accept themselves?

Thanks

Archived