Premed 101 Forums

PDAs

Guest fever meds

Guest fever meds

Is anyone consiering a PDA for first year? (This post maybe premature, but w/e...) The reason I ask, is I have staretd reading curriculum guide, and they seem to make lots of reference to palms (i.e. notes, schedules, etc).

I see the advantage of them for clerkship but for pre-clerkship I wonder...

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Guest mosquitoba

hi fever :) i have started thinking about that too! cause i'm such a keener ;) i'm not sure which one i'll get, but i am definetly going to get one. my friends in the 2008 class say they are totally dependent on their PDAs, so hopefully i'll get some tips from them re: model/brand choices!

are you in province?

~m

Guest fever meds

I am an in province applicant...er...student now I guess. (I changed my info in acceptance thread to fill in what Ian Wong had left as format)

What kind of things do your friends in Med I use them for? I have a thin laptop right now and can't see what I could accomplish with a PDA that I couldn't do with a notebook. In clerkship I see the advantage but for pre-clerkship I would be interested in the uses. I guess I'd rather shell out for a nice Toshiba in 2 years then get one now.

Guest mosquitoba

hey fever - my friends use them most as calendars/day planners, and they really seem to like the convenience of having a medical dictionary and a few other text books on their PDAs for quick reference. i'm going to try to get a little bit more information about this from them, but if any U of M students have insight on PDA usefulness that would be helpful!

mosquitoba

Archived